CSKT SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF GRANTS
Ends on November 15
The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes (CSKT) recognize the devastating economic impact of COVID-19 on Tribal member-owned businesses operating on the Flathead Reservation. In response, the Tribal Council has designated Coronavirus Relief Funds to support CSKT member-owned small businesses in the recovery, stabilization, and adaptation of operations. The CSKT Small Business Relief Grants are available to qualified Tribal businesses to maintain and/or modify operations as they adapt to challenges of the global health pandemic.
This financial assistance is funded by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s CARES ACT (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) CSKT allocation. The receipt of a government grant by a business is generally included in the business’s gross income under the IRS Code and may be taxable. Please contact your tax advisor with any tax-related questions.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, November 15, 2020, at Midnight or until all funds are disbursed.
- CSKT Indian Preference Application
- Montana Brand Registry - Active Brands
- Montana Secretary of State Business Registration
- About CSKT Small Business Relief Grants
- What can grant funding be used for?
- Who is eligible to apply for grants?
- What documents do I need to prepare?
- How does the application work?
- Opening Your Business Safely: Tips from the CSKT Health Department
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to application, CSKT-member business owners may request technical support to prepare and submit a successful application with any of the Technical Advisors listed below.
- Steve Clairmont at email@example.com
- Tina Begay at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg DuMontier at email@example.com
- James Bible at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSKT has designed this single application for emergency financial relief to Tribal businesses who have been hardest hit by impacts of COVID-19. Printed applications may be requested from any of the technical advisors listed above who will help you submit your application online.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your Submittable account, please contact Submittable Customer Support.
COMING SOON: Artist Relief Micro Grants
Maximum Artist Relief Micro Grant award amount $3,000
Ends on November 15, 2020
The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes’ (CSKT) Small Business Relief Grants were created to respond to the economic impacts experienced by CSKT-member-owned small businesses on the Flathead Reservation caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Total Grant Award
$1,000 Minimum to $30,000 Maximum.
The maximum award available per business for stabilization is up to 9 ½ months of working capital (capped at a maximum of $20,000). A business can apply for up to $10,000 of adaptation equipment and supplies if needed. A business can apply for up to $30,000 in total funding, not to exceed the caps listed for each type of funding. Grants are limited to one application per business entity. If the applicant’s business has already received CARES Act funding from the SBA, FSA, the State of Montana, or any other entity, the grant award could be reduced to avoid duplication of funding and/or to address actual need.
Grant funds can be used for working capital for small businesses to support payroll, rent, accounts payable (such as utilities and vendors), debt services, and expenses related to adaptation in operations in order to retain existing business (such as purchase of computers/cameras /software/zoom subscriptions for e-commerce, or personal protective equipment, plexiglass barriers or other public health safety measures), retain current employees or retain business viability for future re-employment.
To be eligible for a grant award, businesses must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Must be a Flathead Reservation-based company
- Must be an enrolled member of the Confederated Salish Kootenai Tribes
- Must be registered as a Preference 1 business in good standing with the CSKT Indian Preference Office, OR have proof of good standing from the Montana Secretary of State’s Office, OR have an active Montana Livestock Brand registration certificate and a current CSKT agricultural lease, OR have a certificate of good standing from CSKT if an LLC registered with CSKT.
- Must have filed 2019 taxes for the business, or be able to provide revenue and expense invoices and receipts for 2019 (or, if the business was established in early 2020, invoices and receipts for January and February of 2020)
- Had 50 or fewer employees part- or full-time prior to February 15, 2020
- Sustained a loss of revenue due to COVID-19 since February 15, 2020
- May not be a marijuana-based business
- Complete all questions and provide all information requested on the attached application form
Priority For Funding
Priority will be given to applicants who have not received funding from the SBA Payroll Protection Program or other relief programs such as the Montana Business Stabilization or Adaptation Grant Program, or the FSA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP). If a business has received funding from one of these programs it may not eliminate an applicant from CSKT funding. CSKT funding will be awarded based on need, and any relief funds the applicant has previously received.
Only one application per business entity per filing status will be considered for funding.
 Preference 1 applications will be given first priority. A Business Registration Certificate showing good standing from the Montana Secretary of State’s Office and/or a Certificate of Good Standing from CSKT for an LLC registered through CSKT and/or an Active Montana Livestock Brand Registration Certificate may be used in lieu of Indian Preference Office registration. If funding remains after all CSKT member-owned businesses have applied by the deadline of midnight November 15, 2020, Preference 2 businesses may be considered for funding.